Friday, March 26, 2010

Some Guys

I did these wacky portraits in my inking class. Veronica brought in hilarious photos of random people and had us use giant brushes and large paper (18" x 24") to create these. The objective was to work fast and have fun - so they're far from perfect. I was just trying to stay loose. 

I'm sad that it was our last class! Veronica is an amazing teacher and I hope she will be teaching more adult classes at WAM. She encouraged us all to work outside our comfort zone while keeping it fun. Ink is a pretty unforgiving medium, so if you get really uptight about it you will drive yourself crazy. Granted, I'm not going to throw out the advice I once read, "Think before you ink," because that's important too especially with a comic page. But it's good to find a balance. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words!

That class was so much fun, I knew you'd enjoy the moustache-party HAHA

Allison Bamcat said...

I enjoy these portraits greatly.

I wish I worked outside my comfort zone more often! It's hard when everything is all "marketing branding portfolio finished work blah blah"

Looks like fun!

Alison Undercover said...

Thanks Allison! ;)