Monday, October 15, 2012

Top Chef vs. Project Runway

I'm a huge Project Runway addict and fan. I love watching the creative process in action, and seeing how the designers solve problems under extreme time and other constraints. But I didn't think I was going to be able to get into Top Chef, because, well, ... I've never been a huge fan of cooking shows. Also, in Project Runway, the viewer and the judges basically share the ability to see and therefore evaluate the garments. But with Top Chef, viewers obviously don't get to taste the food, so I just didn't get how that could work as a televised competition. But it does! The challenges are so creative and it's fun to get to know the different chefs. I like that they're generally a little dorky, and more focused on their craft than on being drama queens and tv personalities. 
Funnily enough, it did take me a while to get used to Padma's manner of speaking. She's so beautiful but then she'd open her mouth and it was like listening to a brainwashed robot on ludes. But I don't even notice it now.

No comments: