Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I Was Robbed...

I bought this at the grocery store without reading the label carefully - I had passed hunger and was in the midst of a full-on hyperglycemic daze. The promise of a butterscotch waffle was more than I could handle. I imagined a light, fluffy (but not too soft) miniature waffle/cookie, coated in a creamy butterscotch icing...


So I felt utterly duped when I opened the tin in the car (in the grocery store parking lot!) and found that it was in fact hard candies, like the kind your grandmother keeps in a dish...
  

That's when I got a closer look at the full label: PANTRY CANDIES. What the hell are pantry candies? When I got home, I was still so worked up by my waffle fantasy that I considered going back to store and getting some Eggos, vanilla ice cream, butterscotch sauce, and whipped cream and making a sundae on top of a waffle. But then I talked myself down from the ledge and decided that that would be crazy and possibly really disgusting.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOO